Friday 29 January 2010

Blankets...

Last year consisted of rather a lot of blanket making, but I think I saved the best until last...I had come across the fabric below on a trip to Ikea sometime in the Autumn, and had in mind to make a quilted blanket for Little Miss. Unfortunately time/inspiration/bravery seemed to be somewhat short in the run up to Christmas, but in those quiet days before New Year I LOVED making something special for my beautiful girl! I patchworked randomly in gorgeous bright colours (mainly pink of course!), then machine quilted that, with the wadding, to a fleecey blanket before putting on the above fabric as a backing/front (depending on which way she has it!) and binding it. She absolutely adores it and i was thrilled with it too!

A great crafty end to 2009...

x Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Busy, busy, busy that's me!